7 Tips to Help Maintain Balance for Moms
Maintaining balance as a busy mom and wife are something that I struggle with every day. I feel though, as I get older, I get better at it, even though my life seems to become more and more complicated and busy with each passing year. Here are a few tips on how I try and maintain balance in my everyday life:
- Make lists – Each week I make a list of all the work and family obligations, errands, grocery and shopping lists and chores I need to accomplish during the week. My chore list is the only thing that doesn’t change, so I keep a checklist on a dry erase board in my kitchen for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly cleaning chores. All the other things I need to do though, are hand-written or made into lists on my phone, and/or entered into events in my phone and computer calendar.
- Prioritize – As I make my lists for each day and week, I make sure to put the most important things to do, not the easiest, on the top of the list. Let’s face it, do I ever get all my to-do lists done? Umm, no, but I do put forth an effort. And I know that if I don’t prioritize and skip little things like tidying up the bathroom on a few Thursdays, I won’t have time for more important things like family bowling on Friday night.
- Schedule Me Time – While you’re making all these lists, don’t forget to take time for yourself. A healthy, centered woman who first takes care of herself is best equipped to take care of her loved ones. Simply waking up a little earlier than the family to enjoy the silence and reflect on your thoughts can be enough to make a difference.
- Stop multi-tasking – That is when it comes to relationships with your kids or your spouse. As women, our brains run in circles, constantly. And it’s okay to multi-task if you’re cleaning the house, on the phone with the cable company and cooking dinner. But try to avoid multi-tasking while you’re spending quality time with your kids or your husband. The people most important in our lives deserve our undivided attention.
- Avoid Time-Suckers – 20 years ago I’d say the main time sucker for Moms was getting wrapped up in a romance novel or soap opera. These days though, it’s the Internet and social media. While there’s plenty of useful information on the Internet that helps enrich our lives, there’s lots of ways we can get wrapped up in useless information and sites that end up wasting hours of our days.
- Ask for help – We as women are so prideful, we rarely ask for help. But in order to maintain balance, you can’t be afraid to ask for help. Whether it’s as simple as asking your husband to do a load of laundry, or asking your mom to babysit a few hours while you get the house cleaned up, it’s okay. No one’s perfect and no one expects you to be perfect.
- Eat Healthy, Hydrate and Exercise Regularly– Now this goes for the whole family, and I think it’s the most important tip too. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle by eating right, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of exercise not only helps us maintain healthy bodies, but also makes us happier and have more energy too.
To help maintain my healthy lifestyle I like to have plenty of fresh fruit and veggies on hand, as well as delicious dairy treats. One of my favorite healthy snacks during the day is those little Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurts. They’re a quick and easy way to have a delicious low calorie dairy snack, and they’re perfect for my whole family. Everybody loves them.
Chobani Simply 100 is a great source of protein for breakfast-time and as a pre-workout snack. And I love that it contains all natural ingredients – sweetened with stevia, monk fruit and evaporated cane juice.
Chobani believes in providing better food for more people, and that how it’s made is what really matters. It’s better food through quality crafted flavors without compromising nutrition. And Chobani never uses preservatives, artificial ingredients, or artificial sweeteners.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Simply 100, all opinions are my own.